DC FanDome - Did you guys see the New 'Batman' Trailer?


Back in 2019, DC FanDome was online and nearing the end, Matt Reeves showed up with Robert Pattinson. I had no clue what was going on, but realizing a new Batman movie was being made. During that time, they showed a little teaser, which was fantastic as the famous words came out of Pattinson's mouth saying, "I'm Vengeance." after beating the crap out of some crook, for the movie back in 2019 with only 25% of the movie being filmed. At the beginning of 2020, Pattinson caught positive for COVID and halted production. Pattinson also starred in Christopher Nolan's TENET, a spy movie with the concept of inversion. We heard nothing for nearly a year until October 13th, 2021.

On that day, Matt Reeves posted a 6-second teaser with the bat symbol being lit up with rain in the background. During the teaser, we hear Pattinson's Batman voice saying, "It's not just a symbol, it's a warning." with it stating full trailer on October 16th, 2021. I was shocked because I am a huge fan of Batman and he is my favorite superhero with no superpowers but brainpower. He is the smartest hero I think hands down.

Today is the day, October 16th, DC FanDome launches and lasts for almost 4 hours. 2019 showed the trailer at the end of the event, so I was expecting it at the end of 2021's event too because it is a big event. 3:20 comes and it is time. Behind-the-scenes footage rolls out stating that this Batman is very personal with his fights and is very dark. Nearly 10 minutes later, it is here. I turned it off immediately.

I didn't watch it until I got back from work because I wanted the hype to come over me all day. I am driving home with my mom who picked me up. She told me that my father and she saw the new trailer and said it looked very dark and awesome, which I was hoping to expect from a young Batman at the time. As soon as I got home, my father handed me the remote and I played it. It was the best 2 minutes and 38 seconds of my day. The movie looks so dark and brutal in a way that we all wanted this Batman for a long time. I hope this movie is really good, Matt Reeves' The Batman hits theaters on March 4, 2022. 

Link for Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqft2x_Aa4

Comments